Skip to main content

My Sport Nutrition Fueling Regime



It doesn't matter the training session, you'll find me utilizing some type of sport nutrition product. Come race day, I have great confidence and experience in my race day fueling plan, which also helps me reduce the risk of race day GI, bonking and dehydration issues.

I have no hesitations or concerns consuming sport nutrition products in all of my training sessions because I feel these products extend far beyond helping my body maximize performance and adapt to training stress. I believe my good relationship with sport nutrition products has helped me ward off illness over the past 12 years (no sickness since 2007!) and help reduce my risk for injury (last injury in 2013!). I've also been able to do a lot of incredible things with my body over the years. Thank you body!

In our current society, sport nutrition has come very far. There are so many different types of sport nutrition products designed for your sport and most are very well formulated to provide your body with exactly what you need to perform at your best. And most of them taste pleasantly good and use natural ingredients (no chemicals, food dyes or sweeteners). Despite plenty of research demonstrating the benefits of consuming sport nutrition in training and racing to help delay fatigue, minimize excessive dehydration, protect the immune system and optimize performance, many athletes still struggle to understand how to best use products effectively and/or there are many athletes who refuse to consume sport nutrition products in training and racing because they feel they don't need it or the products are "unhealthy".

For the purpose of this blog post, I'm assuming that most athletes understand the importance of consuming sport nutrition products during training and racing but there's a common struggle when it comes to the application of sport nutrition and finding the right product to meet your physiological and taste bud needs.

Here is a past blog post explaining why your sport nutrition products may not be working for you.

Here is a video explaining what products I use for swimming, biking and running. Below the video I have included links to the companies along with a few discount codes. Happy fueling!




Carborocket - discount trimarni
NBS - discount trimarni
INFINIT - discount trimarnicoach
Osmo 
Vite Nutrition - discount trimarni25
Clif 
Skratch
Naked Running Band - discount trimarni15
Amrita bars (not mentioned in the video but I love the protein bars!) - discount trimarni