Skip to main content

The work-life balance - is it achievable?

Do you find yourself constantly stressed and busy? 
Do you feel overwhelmed with your work/life responsibilities? 
Do you feel like there is little time for yourself? 
Do you feel like life is quickly rushing by you?

I've always been intrigued by this idea of the perfect life-work balance - where everything seems to flow perfectly from sunup to sundown. As great as it sounds, it's a difficult concept to achieve. 

In life, we are constantly juggling the demands of work, alongside other hobbies, family, obligations and taking care of our health and well-being. Life is constantly changing, which requires our focus and energy to move in different directions. Trying to give 100% to everything that you do in life is a recipe for burn out.

In order to tackle your never ending daily to-do list, move up on the career ladder or to please others, you may find yourself neglecting important areas in your life - like your health, happiness and mental well-being.

I invite you to take a moment and think about your current lifestyle. There's no need to quit your job tomorrow, sell your house and start traveling the world in a RV. But.....

If you find yourself constantly stressed, anxious, unhealthy, poorly nourished, burnt out and sleep deprived, you may be trying to put too much on your daily plate and removing yourself from your daily priorities.

To help you put the "me" back into your lifestyle, here are some helpful questions to answer:

  1. Am I making time for things that are truly important to me?
  2. How often am I doing things that truly make me happy?
  3. What could I do differently to improve my physical and mental health and well-being? 
  4. What do I keep saying yes to when I should be saying no to?
  5. How much time a day do I give to someone/something other than myself? 

Life is short and there's a lot of it to enjoy. If you are waiting for the perfect time to pursue your passions, improve your health, travel or spend more time doing things that truly make you happy, I recommend to start now because you never know what tomorrow will bring.