Skip to main content

An easy tip for deciding what to eat


Yesterday we drove 2.5 hours (one-way) to watch my favorite comedian, @natebargatze, perform in Evans, GA. We laughed for 2 hours. If you don't know who Nate is, check out his two Netflix specials, his Amazon prime special and his Washington's Dream skit on SNL.

We left early for the 7pm show so that we could have dinner in Evans. We love different cuisines and I was excited to find an Indian restaurant called Namaste Indian Street food.

Prior to ordering, I asked myself "What do I want and what do I need?"

🍴I needed a satiating meal that would leave me satisfied for the next 4.5 hours (show + drive home).
🍴I needed a meal that would allow me to focus on the show and not feel hungry or lethargic.
🍴I needed a meal that would leave me feeling comfortable during 4.5 hours of sitting.

🍴I wanted a meal that felt nutritious. I've done very little intentional exercise this week (30 minutes of swimming yesterday) to let my body fully recover from a massive season of training and racing.
🍴I wanted a meal that would make my taste buds happy.
🍴I wanted a meal that I've never had before.
🍴I wanted a meal that reflected the local cuisine.

We shared a basket of garlic Naan and regular Naan and a mango lassi sweet drink. I ordered the ragada veg patties. Karel had the chicken biriyani. The food was incredible. I could not stop wowing over the different spices, flavors and textures.


Karel's dish


My dish


As a Board Certified Sports Dietitian and endurance triathlete, I believe that you are the expert of your body. Rather than relying on an external sense of what you should or shouldn't eat (ex. diet, food rules, body image, etc.), eating should be a satisfying, enjoyable and empowering experience based on what you need and what you want.