Skip to main content

I AM a sprinter!!

Morton Plant mease sprint triathlon tomorrow!! I must say that I am a bit nervous. I go up and down with my nerves before a race. I get really excited and pumped up to race and then I think about the fast girls that I am racing with. I never really got nervous racing in my age group, but I think it is a good thing to race Elite. I'm excited to start in the first wave and really push the swim (which I love). I've been working SO hard on my cycling and I know I can be strong on the bike with my new confidence while riding. As far as the run, I love to run and I love to run fast. Even though I consider myself a distance runner (nice aerobic pace), I really enjoy interval workouts on the treadmill. I guess my interval tomorrow will be 3 miles at sub 7 min. pace. I must tell myself if I can "race" a half marathon at the end of a Half Ironman and hold 8 min. miles, then I sure can run my legs off to hopefully get in the low 20's for the 3.1 mile run tomorrow. I really want to do well and show myself that I can push. I always have fun at races but I really want to work this one and show myself what I can do. I'm super excited to see so many people on the course and now that Karel has suprised me that he will bike to my race and pass on his weekly ride to San Antonio, I know I will have a great bike ride! My parents are coming and I really appreciate their support...even at a 7am start time they are still my number one fans at my race and I love having them there. My mom does a great job yelling at me as I run through transistion area..I'm known for passing up my bike on the rack. I guess now that I am racing elite, I will run right through transition if I miss my bike! My dad is my photographer so expect pics on my blog after the race!!!
As of now, I'm excited for the morning....good luck everyone!!