Skip to main content

Last Spin..getting ready for Disney 70.3!!!

I was sad to say good-bye to my spin class. But, I worked them really hard today w/ a 20 minute sprint set (10 x 30 sec build, 20 sec run/out of the saddle, 30 sec. all-out). At least they will be thinking about me for the rest of the day...and possibly tomorrow :) Teaching my class has been a great experience for me and I have really enjoyed seeing everyone progress with their cardio fitness. It was just amazing seeing the looks on their faces the first couple of months and then a year or two later, they are still working hard but I can see them getting out of their comfort zone. I know it is hard going beyond comfort (especially at 5:30 in the morning) but it is so important to stress the heart by pushing a little harder (for a short period of time) when you start to feel the burn. Or, in my class...when you feel your heart beating out of your chest.
Anyways, I am going to miss everyone in my class so much and perhaps I will surprise them one day when they least expect it :) We took this pic after several people had left. Most people in my class jolt out right as I finish the cool-down so today, a few people are going to be late to work because of me wanting a pic :)

After the spin I went for a short run. 3.1 miles with a little walking after 20 minutes. I did 5 min. pace (7.3mph) and then 5 x 45 sec. pickups (8.5mph). Another 5 min pace (7.5mph) and then 5 x 45 sec pickups (85mph). I made use of my extra time at the gym by stretching and doing a few core exercises on the ball. I am so enjoying resting my body but I can't wait to start working my body again when I recover from Disney. I'm not trying to jump the gun on my recovery, but I am anxious to increase my thresholds for a few more weeks.
After a shower, I headed to Starbucks for coffee with a friend. Another "see ya later" which was sad.
The best part of my morning was coming home to karel!!! Yay..he is home! Actually, he came home last night around 11pm. Finally, he is mine and we don't have to spend time apart anymore! It was so nice sharing my smoothie with him and just having someone besides a cat in our place.
And to make the day even better, my bike tech went to work on Seduza without me even saying anything. Thank you babe!!! I snapped a few pics as he was working. I was enjoying the sun doing nothing :)