Skip to main content

Websites?????

This is an area I know nothing about. I think the idea of blogging is just great because it is easy to blog daily and you learn a lot about random people. It is only after a few comment posting's that the random person becomes your friend.
A year ago I knew I wanted a website. Since I'm not a Pro athlete, I didn't want it to showcase my athletic career. Although I am an athlete who takes my sport very seriously, I wanted to show people what I can do as far as coaching, sports nutrition and writing.
I was told by Robert "vigo" Vigorito (race director for Columbia triathlon...if you live up north, you probably know him) to contact Ray Lake as the go-to person for a website. I contacted him right away and told him what I wanted it to look like, I sent him some info about me and he went to work. I paid him and it was just that easy. There are many things that I feel I am capable of doing and I don't need to hire anyone to help me out but when it comes to computers and designing a website, I need help!!
Here is some info about Ray....


I have 25 yrs experience as a pharmacist but my interest in information technology led me to create my own home-based webpage business called "Pagescripters". I've been building webpages now for a little over 10 years. My first site was for my local running club since I felt others, like me, wanted to see our race results and upcoming races online. Wow, that makes me feel old considering how far we have come since then!

As a pharmacist, I am responsible for a large cleanroom operation and several corporate pharmacy initiatives for Medstar Health, an 8-hospital system in the Baltimore/Washington metro area. I also have 3 Microsoft certifications which I acquired through self-training.

I am a divorced father of two. My beautiful daughter Carla is 18 yo and will soon be attending the U. of MD @ College Park in the Fall and my 13 yo son Michael is a burgeoning tennis player with a mean backhand. My girlfriend is also a pharmacist and we both enjoy technology, movies, eating out, traveling and anything outdoors.

I've done many triathons and two marathons and continue to love running and biking. Swimming has always been a necessary evil to register for a triathlon. I've also done the Chesapeake Bay One Mile swim. My favorite local races are the Cherry Blossom Ten Miler (~ 7 times) and the Columbia Triathlon (5 times).

Some of my current sites include:

www.trimarni.com
www.mshp.org
www.dcshp.org
www.paulmassaro.com
www.tms-mindbodymedicine.com/
www.tricolumbia.org (some behind the scenes, not the design)
www.mdvoices.com (some involvement since my daughter is the Editor)
www.striders.net (no longer actively involved but this was my first site)

Ray Lake, R.Ph, M.S.

Contact: raytlake@gmail.com

This year, I wanted something new. I wasn't sure what I wanted, but I thought my website needed an update. I am in a new stage of my future career and I feel much more confident about my skills and ability to help people. Therefore, I need a website that is informative and fun. I see all different types of websites, some cluttered and some very detailed. I just want something that tells people what I can do and shows that I love what I do.
Ray went to work with almost any guidance on the layout of the site. I just provided the info and pics. I couldn't be more impressed and I hope everyone out there enjoys my new site. With a lot of time and work it is finally finished!!!!
  • MARNI'S WEBSITE