Skip to main content

Honeymoon



Karel and I were so happy to have our family with us for a few days after the wedding that we decided not to go on a honeymoon. However, the honeymoon was planned for 3 months down the road and well, it is time!
That's right...I am leaving my shorts and flip-flops for long pants (hope I have some of those somewhere), warm jackets, scarves, hats and gloves. We are heading out west!
Karel and I leave on Wed (1 week from today!) to head to Lake Tahoe for a magical and relaxing vaction. We will be there a full 6 days before flying home on Tues. Magical because I have not seen snow since I moved from Kentucky in 2004 and Karel hasn't seen snow in a long time. We are super greatful to my grandparents for giving us a plane ticket for our wedding gift. We wanted so bad to visit them but we knew two flight tickets would be a stretch for our budget. However, it all worked out and we couldn't be more excited! I promise my blog will be loaded with pics and I'm sure I will have lots of stories.
In order to build up our red blood cell count, we are going to take advantage of some altitude training and cross country ski as much as possible. We have a lesson lined up for Thurs and then we plan to spend many hours out on the slopes for our first experience cross country skiing. I plan on snowboarding at least once when we are out there and I think Karel will have his try at skiing or snowboarding. I am sure he will do great since he hasn't been on ski's since he was a little boy in Europe and I am sure he will love the speed!
Karel and I both have a recovery week next week with our training so we want to make sure that we also enjoy our vacation and come back relaxed. Although Karel and I don't go out on many dates (gotta watch our money), we always make time to rent a movie one night a week. We really enjoy spending time together and it doesn't really matter what we do when we are together. I think this vacation is going to be great for us and just like any trip, it is always great for us to spend all day together doing fun things and staying active.
Here are two daily photos at the NorthStar ski resort where we will be doing most of our activities....