Skip to main content

Attitude

I am so impressed with all of the Ironman World Championship finishers that I witnessed via the web on Sat....all day long on sat evening and some this morning.
I am so proud of everyone who crossed the line and super proud of everyone who successfully stood at the starting line.
Watching friends compete in the most prestigious Ironman race around the World was absolutely amazing for me. I remember when I raced in 2007 and asked my mom "what woman is in the lead? Chrissie..who is that?" There were so many tosses and turns in the professional field that it was hard to un-glue myself from the computer. Thankfully, Karel was right there next to me watching Ironmanlive.com as soon as he got off from work. It was nice to share the excitement together. We just love watching people compete and give everything they have to conquer a dream.
Setting goals and having dreams is important when you want to make something out of your only life. Knowing that the process of achieving goals can be very difficult and lengthy, it's important that you enjoy the journey and always keep a great attitude.

I leave you with a wonderful quote...
“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”
-Charles R. Swindoll