Skip to main content

110% Give Harder



As an active endurance athlete, I absolutely love waering my 110% recovery gear. As an ambassador, I'm proud to support a company that I believe in and helps athletes recover in an inventive "mobile" ice bath w/ compression.

If you didn't hear, 110% had a big idea...to raise $110,000 for ground-breaking breast cancer research as well as to help those who are living with breast cancer.

Here's a great article...
Runners going 110 miles to finish breast cancer for 26.2 with Donna | jacksonville.com

As of 8am this morning, several amazing athletes started their 110 mile journey to raise funds for breast cancer. Many of the donations are in honor of others and I am sure those runners will be dedicating a few miles to those who have been affected by cancer.

Tomorrow morning, I will start my 13.1 mile race, running alongside thousands of runners who, in one way or another (fundraising or race entry fee) have contributed to a worthy cause.

I want to thank those who have donated and I really appreciate it! For those who were not able to donate, I appreciate you spreading the word to others. Every bit counts.

As of now, the 110% Give Harder foundation has raised over $94,000 with a few checks, reportedly, still coming in for depositing into the account. If you'd like to still donate..there's time! What's so great aboug donating besides being part of this amazing goal...
.. It's fun and it makes you feel good.

I love to race and I love being an athlete. I love every single second of training, analyzing my data and planning my workouts. I love coaching, working with athletes on sport nutrition and motivating others to be confident in pursuing individual goals.

With every race, there is always an opportunity to reflect. Often, a fast beating heart, large crowds, cheering fans and beautiful scenery can distract one from reflecting during a race.

As a virgin to the 26.2 with Donna event, I want to really enjoy every mile out on the course, regardless if I am running on the looooong bridge or running on the beach. Knowing that with every race there will be moments that you are feeling awesome and times when you are wondering how you will be able to hang on, I want to be sure that I don't lose sight of the real reason why I am running on Sunday.

Because there is more than 1 reason for my decision to run this race tomorrow...I want to dedicate my 13.1 miles to the following:

Mile 1: To those who can not run, for whatever reason.
Mile 2: To those who weren't able to train like they wanted (for whatever reason) but are still out on the course, hoping to have a great time.
Mile 3: To those who aspire to one day run a 5K....knowing that with consistency and the ability to believe, anything is possible.
Mile 4: To everyone who donated to the 110% Give Harder Foundation.
Mile 5: To everyone who donated to the 26.2 with Donna foundation.
Mile 6: To the crowds, spectators, volunteers and family members who tell us that we are "almost there"...when typically, we really aren't. But then again, somehow they always make us feel like we are really "almost there".
Mile 7: To Campy, my furry best friend, who probably loves running more than me. But according to him, every day is a lottery winning day and every day is a great day to be alive. I'm so lucky that Campy came into my life for he really knows how to live a great life.
Mile 8: To my parents, family, close friends, blog readers and athletes. This mile is for you because just when the going gets tough and I feel like I don't have any more to give, you keep me going and find a way to pick me up.
Mile 9: To my mentors and anyone who has helped me in my educational career. I was always that student that had to find a way to balance it all. Knowing that my education and sports were two very important parts in my life, I was never told to give up one for the other. You all helped me find balance.
Mile 10: To Karel for always believing in me when, often I don't believe in myself. For challenging me to enter a new uncomfortable-comfort zone and for showing me how to train hard and recover harder. As my teammate, best friend, coach and hubby, this mile will likely hurt but I can hear you now "just keep running...pretend like you are running with Campy!"
Mile 11: To those who always remain positive no matter what is thrown their way. I love surrounding myself with people who give me energy, not take it away from me and there is nothing more life-changing than being around someone who is going through a rough time but is constantly finding ways to remain in good spirits. Positive energy and a great attitude can be contagious...and this is something that I want to catch.
Mile 12: To everyone who has come into my life and has trusted and has allowed me to make a difference in your life. For with every athlete/person that I help, I often discover something more about myself, often finding myself growing in the process. I didn't go to school for 8 years to be rich. I went to school to change lives.
Mile 13.1: To my body. For allowing me to be consistent with training in order to get to starting lines. For reminding me that with an appreciation of balanced eating and a healthy dose of exercise, I can also reach finishing lines. Body, this last final push is for you as you have never failed me. Sure, an injury here or there but thanks to you, you keep me going. Because of that, I love you and I will never let you down.

Happy Running, walking or jogging and good luck everyone!