Skip to main content

Food for fuel - creations



This pic was from Tues...another 6:30am workout on the track. I'm absolutely LOVING the track but oh does it hurt-so-good. Even with a mile of warm-up and dynamic stretching, the first interval burns the very few fast-twitch fibers I have in my endurance body.
But, the only way to get better is to train smarter...and with faster people. This gives me fitness and confidence for race day because I know when my body is forced to work - the mind is likely my only limiter.
Jeff (Karel's boss) is a super strong athlete and we are about the same pace for the run. He is a great person to run with as he is very steady and smooth.  Karel is often in another time zone, so we just let him do his thing.
I'm so excited for Saturday! Karel and I will be doing our first triathlon together - Jax Tri Series #3. This will be Karel's first Olympic distance and my first triathlon since May (last Olympic in March). I am really enjoying this tri-journey together and as a coach, I think the best part is seeing someone else grow as an athlete and discover new strengths while overcoming obstacles.

So...moving on to food....
I'll let the pics speak for themselves. There's no need for me to explain the reasons for my creations - just yummy, hearty and nutritious food to fuel my active lifestyle.


Cold Barley salad
Vine tomatoes
Sweet green pepper
Avocado
Barley (cooked according to package)
Onions
Pumpkin seeds
Olive oil

Cherry oatmeal
Fresh cherries (Sliced)
Oats
Sliced almonds
Milk + water
Sunflower seeds
Flax seeds

Karel's pasta creation
Bowtie pasta
Homemade sauce - Ragu veggie sauce, frozen veggies (Frozen bag), garlic (sliced), boca vegetarian crumbles)
Green leaf lettuce
Sharp cheddar cheese (on lettuce, under pasta)
Sliced peaches