Skip to main content

Color In Motion 5K - DISCOUNT!

 
Run this am: 2 mile warm-up. Main set 4 x 1 miles descending (staying in Z3 - 7 min/mile, 6:58 min/mile, 6:48 min/mile, 6:43 min/mile), 1 mile cool down + 1 mile campy run
After all that work to prep for the races I did this past season, I am fully enjoying the off season. Around  an hour a day of exercise, whatever I feel like doing. I am finding myself running, strength training (mostly hips and core) and swimming, more than biking during the week but I am giving my legs some excitement on the weekends with a fast group ride on Sat and cruising around on Sunday. No set schedule or training plan and it is just what my body deserves. I took about 10 days of no running post Branson 70.3, followed by 2 full weeks of on and off exercise (45-60 min) to allow for proper recovery. I am gearing up for a half marathon sometime Nov/Dec but haven't decided which one yet so right now I am just throwing in a few 1/2 - 1 miles repeaters w/ 1-2 min walk recoveries to keep my legs in good fitness. My mind is in a good place and I know I will have plenty  of time to train for Ironman Lake Placid when I start building my base in Dec/Jan.
Realizing that not everyone is an athlete, training for a race, I firmly believe that we should all enjoy exercise and what it provides our body and mind on a daily basis. Here are a few tips to enjoy your exercise routine and/or off-season training routine:
1) Have fun!
2)
Training” never stops during the year – focus on skills/form, sleep, strength, nutrition, flexibility
3) Change things up – step outside your comfort zone and try new things
4) Set short and long term goals and track progress – Garmin, Training Peaks, My fitness pal
5)
Start slow, have a plan – consult a professional
6) Invest in ne
w (quality) stuff – clothing, gadgets, location
7) Involve others for motivation – group, classes, kids, family, friends, employees, etc.
8) Exercise with a purpose but not always with a plan
9) Use perceived exertion and/or effective tools (ex. Heart rate, pace)
10
Make it a priority – when is the right time for you?

I was recently contacted by Color In Motion and I was excited to share a discount code for anyone who is interested in a fun event in Jacksonville, FL (there are other events - check out the website). I am a big encourager of individuals having goals when it comes to training for an event but sometimes we all need something a bit more fun and different to keep things exciting with exercise.

Here's a little about the event:
You just show up wearing white and we do the rest! As you sprint, jog, waddle, or leisurely stroll along you will be bombarded with bright colors that transform a group of ordinary runners into a moving rainbow. The color that you will be showered in is completely safe and washes off easily. If you don't think you can beat your friends with speed, see if you can be the real winner by coming out of the race covered head to toe in a vibrant springtime camouflage.
Color in Motion 5k is coming to Jacksonville on December 29th, 2012. A portion of all registration fees will be donated to the Hubbard House.
Find out more information here
Use TRIMARNI15 for a 15% discount!