Skip to main content

Homemade energy balls (from Oakley Women/SHAPE event)

As promised, my delicious, yummy energy "ball" recipe. Originally I had made bars but the Oakley Women catering company re-created my bar creation into balls for easier packaging and consuming. Same ingredients, same great taste! Enjoy!

                                                

                                       

For the VIP Oakley Women Fitness Progression Session.attendees at Denver and Dallas, you will get an opportunity to try my delicious balls (with recipe card and healthy living tips) in May and I can't wait to meet you!


                                               
Any questions or concerns about the recipe (or substitutions or modifications) just send me an email or comment. Thanks!

                                                        Trimarni raw energy balls

                                     



Ingredients:
1/3 cup each of pecans, almonds, cashews, walnuts (non salted)
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds
1/3 cup (or 10 apricots - dried)
10 dates (pitted, whole)
1/2 tsp ginger (powder) and 1/2 tsp cloves (powder)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1 tsp espresso coffee (finely ground - or any strong coffee)
1 tbsp dried coconut shavings (unsweetened)
25 prunes (whole)
1 cup rice krispies (I used gluten free rice krispies)

1) In ninja food processor I blended pecans, almonds, cashews and walnuts for 10 quick pulses until almost ground (a few little thicker pieces)
2) In large bowl I placed ground nuts and added whole (not blended or ground) pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
3) In ninja I blended dates, apricots and spices down to coconut until finely ground. I combined in large bowel with other ingredients.
4) In Ninja, I blended 6-7 prunes at a time until mushy and added to bowl. I did this 2-3 times until they were all mushy in bowl to help with sticking of the other ingredients.
5) I added rice krispies to bowl and combined with my hands (sprayed with a little non stick spray) to combine until sticky - this gets very sticky! Be sure hands are clean or wear gloves.
6) on a non stick cookie sheet (sprayed with a little non stick spray), I pressed bar ingredients into tray until I covered 13 x 10 on the tray (Almost the entire tray).
7) I placed in freezer for 30 min and then sliced with a plastic knife.

I made 30 servings (2inch x 2 inch squares) - you can roll into balls if that is easier (plan for 30 balls)
Each square/ball (serving) has the following nutrition facts:
83 calories
5g fat
9g carbs
1.4g fiber
4.5g sugar
2g protein