Skip to main content

Rice and veggie bowl

                                  

We ate a lot during the two weeks that we were in Florida for our training camp in Clermont + another week in Jacksonville for RETUL fits (Karel) and I spoke to the Delafina Women Cycling club.

Despite eating a lot of food, no meal left us feeling bad, stuffed, bloated or guilty as we always eat with good intentions and have a great relationship with food.
(even when Karel eats his frozen chocolate "recovery bar" - inside joke, ask us about it when you see us in person :)

 During our trip, we had a nice combination of food prepared at home (well, our homes away from home) and a few inspiring meals from restaurants.

After our Clermont training camp, we spent a week in Jacksonville, FL (where we use to live from 2008-2014 and stayed with our friend Shawn B. and his family.



On Thursday evening (3/24), Karel, Shawn and I left the house around 5pm and met up with our friends Lauren and Jen. Karel, Shawn and a few others joined the Thurs night group ride in Nocatee and Lauren, Jen and I headed to A1A for 2 x 30 min intervals w/ 5 min EZ in between (GIRL POWER!).

After my 2:20 ride, I enjoyed 20 minutes of flat road running off the bike around Atlantic Beach before Karel and Shawn arrived home from their ride. 



After Karel and I had our recovery drink (milk and whey protein), we enjoyed dinner with Shawn and his family.
Andy did the prep, Shawn did the final touches and we all did the eating.

And when I say enjoy, I mean I could not stop yumming!!
This dish was so absolutely yummingly delicious!
(yummingly delicious is my new word)

I just loved the flavors of this multi-ingredient dish that I could not wait to share it with you.

Rice and veggie bowl
Rice - jasmine or basmati (you could also do a whole grain of your choice)
Baked cauliflower and sweet potatoes - with turmeric and cumin
Sliced avocado
Chopped dates
Fresh shaved Parmesan cheese
Chopped cashews
Cilantro 

1. Toss cauliflower and sweet potato in olive oil and season with turmeric and cumin. Bake at 425 degrees for 40-45 minutes (or until golden brown)

2. Combine cooked rice and the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl. Be creative with your layering!
3. Yum!