Skip to main content

Quickie...to catch up.


I have been bad about writing on my blog. Life is fun right now. Training is going well. Sad about missing the Iron Girl Triathlon last weekend I heard it was a great success! I knew it would be great, especially with Michellie Jones racing there. Feeling a lot better than last week. I think something is going around so I consider myself lucky that I didn't end up with the flu. Training is going well this week, now that the traveling is over for atleast a month and I can finally settle into a routine. I am doing lots of nutrition consultations and triathlon coaching is going well also. Finally moved in to the new place, unpacked and loving where I live. I am right by the Pinellas Trail (less than 1/2 mile) which is great for the early morning rides. I just love running through Dunedin, especially when it is 95 degrees outside at 11pm and I have just finished a long ride with the guys. Seeing people everywhere really makes it easy to enjoy a hard brick workout. Swim practice was good this morning and I really pushed myself for my tues morning speed workout after I swam. A swim lesson and personal training session to finish the morning and now i am home working on the USAT Florida Region Educational Champions Weekend Clinic I am putting together.

I am really excited about my first published article is a REAL magazine. The july 2007 issue of Triathlete contains an article I wrote on nutrition. This is HUGE for me and I just love opening the magazine to page 140 and seeing my article in print. I am super proud of this and I worked hard for it. I guess it was worth it writing ALL those articles for websites and fitness club newsletters for free. Finally, I see something I wrote in a magazine. Now onto writing the book I have been wanting to write for a long time now :)

Karel has a new Girfriend. She is super pretty and he can't keep his hands off her. Ok-so he got a new bike and I must say that our collection of bikes is growing. He just loves his Pinarello Paris and it is great to see him on the bike again. My friend Ray is still recovering from his crash and I can only imagine what it is like to be off the bike (or stop training) for a couple days...let alone over a month for Karel and Ray. Ray-hang in there...you are amazing!

My brother is moved in to his new apartment in Pitt. His first day at PPG was yesterday and he really enjoys it there. I saw pics of his new place and it is for sure a bachelor pad for my 22 year old brother who is working full time as a business man! Aaron, you have always impressed me and I know you will do great at what you do! And when you own your own business one day..I will call you up and ask you for sponsorship!!! Hehe, only kidding. Love you Aaron. A big thanks to our amazing parents who helped us with two moves in less than 2 weeks. What troupers my parent's are to move me into my place in Dunedin and then 4 days later fly to Pitt to help my brother move from his old place at University of Michigan.

I bought a new laptop yesterday! Unfortuntantly, it was a tough decision for a new laptop or a trip to kona. I had to buy the laptop cause I was in NEED of one..and I'm still putting off the flight to Kona. The condo and rental car are booked...but I should probably start walking (and swimming) if I want to make it to Hawaii by October 6th when I can check-in to my condo. I guess I will have to work even harder now to make-up for my electronic gadget purchase and continue to save money for Kona. I guess it's life...but as long as you are enjoying what you do..it is all worth it!

Back to work!