Skip to main content

Salad crazy

I just finished my first week of build for the build phase of my training and I am feeling great. A bit sore and tired at times but no injuries and an amazing amount of energy...taking into account my 8.5 hours/d of interning + 2-3 hrs/d of weekly studying + 6+ hrs/d of weekend studying. I am coaching a handful of amazing athletes and they keep me motivated and inspired. I have received several emails for future athletes and I am just counting down the weeks until I can devote more time to coaching. But for now, thanks for understanding. And to my blog readers...you all give me so much energy just knowing that you visit my blog and appreciate my writings!! Thanks :)

So where is all this energy coming from? Must be all the wonderful vitamins and minerals that I am receiving from my meals...not to mention enough sleep to keep me energized during my long educational days. Recovery nutrition is also key so with all things taken into consideration, something is working and I have to admit that it is likely that it is the rewarding food that I provide to my body. Sure, it takes a little experimentation to find what works (and likely, once you find what works, something in life/training changes) but it's all about getting in tune with your body and making the most out of your days.

Right now I am all about finding what works best for my body in terms of leaving me satisfied and well-fueled during the day. Most days of the week I just crave a nutrient-dense lunch that is balanced and super yummy.

I recently bought some new Tupperware which is super important when planning lunch, away from the home. I strongly recommend getting a variety of Tupperware so that you have no excuses when it comes to preparing lunch. I bought my new Tupperware at Big Lots (I LOVE Big Lots!!).

I hope you enjoy my latest salads! Most of the salads have items from my dinner meal. I always make my lunch while I make dinner.
There is lots of room for creativity when it comes to filling your Tupperware with nutrient dense foods.
(I always have nuts and a baggie of cut fruit/veg for quick snacking. Also, I leave a multigrain wasa cracker w/ PB in my car, wrapped in tinfoil, for my 30 minute commute home. I Love my wasa crackers)

Monday: Cucumber and tomato salad
Cottage cheese
Oranges


Cucumbers
Tomatoes
Green peppers
Spinach
Egg
Crumbled rosemary wasa cracker
Mozzarella cheese




Tuesday: Veggie crumble salad
Apples
Cottage cheese

Veggie crumbles
Egg
Spinach
Onion



Wednesday: Asparagus and mushroom salad
Cottage cheese
Cucumber
Plum

Asparagus
Mushrooms
1/2 veggie burger
Tofu
Spinach