Skip to main content

Getting closer....

"Everyday do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow."
Training for an Ironman requires a lot of commitment. It's a lot of training, a lot of mental preparation and a lot of believing in yourself. I am keeping it simple and fun, as I always do. Focusing on the small stuff that makes a BIG difference. Food is my fuel, no need to rely on well-marketed supplements aside from my trusted (and well practiced) products from Hammer Nutrition (heed + sustained energy, Hammer gels and Hammer aminos...yep, that's all I take to "fuel" my workouts, as well as B complex and MVI for nutritional insurance). Sleep is my best friend, no need to set the alarm for a 5:30 am recovery swim. Me and the weight room (or my yoga mat at home) have become the best of friends throughout the last 6 months. Strength training is a vital component in my IM training plan. Running...oh how great it feels to not be an injured runner. It's been around 4 years since I have ran without fear and it feels so amazing. What a beautiful concept to do all my runs off the bike. Quality is the concept underlying the training for this 140.6 mile adventure.
The Ironman is a journey but also an educational lesson. For no matter how many "chapters" are in your book, there is always something new to learn and to make you think. As you turn the page and start a new chapter, you can expect no shortage of excitement and amazement. For every chapter is different and presents new life-changing opportunities.
My mind and body have never been so connected and feeling healthier than I have ever felt in my life, I totally respect my body for allowing me to train it for my 5th Ironman event. At the age of 29, I feel as if I have accomplished a lot for I am a goal-setter and I just love finding practical and realistic ways of reaching those goals. But I have to say, nothing makes me feel more alive than training for an Ironman. I have a feeling that this Ironman is going to be super special.

Ironman #1 - Ironman Florida




















Ironman #2 - Ironman World Championship



















Ironman #3 - Ironman Kentucky






















Ironman #4 - Ironman Wisconsin























Ironman #5 - Ironman World Championship
60 more days!!!