Skip to main content

Life is challenging

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
-Gilda Radner

Campy is lucky to have Karel and me...but then again, I think WE are the lucky ones

I will be working most of this week and all of next week at the Baptist Medical Center Beaches. I am always so amazed as to what I learn while I am at work and the appreciation I have when I leave work. Cancer diagnosis, new tube feeding regimes, on-going testing, round the clock medications and painful symptoms. These are all things that I am sure none of us wish to have in our personal life, yet we often take for granted that good health is often in our control.

I believe we are all on a journey in life and that we need to see every day as a new day to be OK with change. Change was always something that was very scary for me. I always loved being in my comfort zone. Looking back at my life, I sometimes I wonder where I would be in life, if I didn't accept change as something good. For change brought challenges and an ability to work hard for what I want in life. For change has brought me love, happiness and a great appreciation as to how I want to live my life. Change has allowed me to cross 5 Ironman finishing lines, graduate with my Masters and have the credential of Registered and Licensed Dietitian, behind my name. Change is not easy but if we keep doing the same things, we should expect the same results.

After working at the hospital today, I watched this link sent from my best friend Jennifer. Ever think that life just sucks, is too hard or there aren't enough hours in the day to eat right, exercise or get enough sleep?

Do you ever lay down at night and feel grateful for a tomorrow? Are you thankful for the things you have in life? Do give the same respect to your body, as you do for others?

I've learned that weight loss and "healthy" eating is far beyond calories and good and bad food. I've learned that in order to succeed as an athlete (and improve fitness), there must be consistency..for one will not succeed with a "perfect" training plan, if the training plan increases the chance for sickness, illness, overtraining, more sleep, little time to recover and not enough time to fuel the body for proper health.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could instantly remove pressure to be perfect. Pressure to do exactly what you think you should be doing on an every day basis? How about the fun side of life....feeling great for what you can do today and what you are looking forward to, tomorrow.

I'm sure many people would give anything for certain parts of your life, that in your eyes, seem boring, hard, easy or challenging. Is there a key to success? Well, I believe that life requires work and certainly comes with challenges. How about welcoming the ability to work for what you want in life and being able to address weaknesses that are causing you to feel inconsistency.
If you are pretty certain that you have "a tomorrow", LIFE can only get better... if you let it. What if you didn't have "a tomorrow"?


Inspired by determination