Skip to main content

Give it your all!

I have been doing a lot of it lately. Pushing hard and making every workout count. I leave nothing behind during a training session and even when I am coaching (which I have been doing A LOT of) I make sure I am giving my undivided attention to my athletes. I can tell by the way I feel that I am pushing hard. I walk a little slower during the day but I'm still seeing improvements. I guess this is all part of the process of turing Pro. Sometimes I doubt myself and my abilities to race amongst the best distance triathletes but if it isn't this season then hopefully in the future. I am not giving up and at 24 years old I know I have many many more years in this sport!
My toughest swim workout of the year was on thurs. 10 x 200 on 3:15 cycle. I was getting enough rest to properly desc. 1-5, 6-10 but I was told by Matt that I had to swim 2:30 on #5 and #10. So, I pushed my body to its limits while telling Matt "hey, I'm not swiming in college anymore" Of course I swam 2:34 on both of them...errr! And then 5 x 50's on 45 sec interval was next, trying to get under 35. Yep- seeing that I am NOT a sprinter, I was coming in around 37 seconds. So, I guess I have a lot of room for improvement in my swim to get me to the sub one hour 2.4 mile Kona swim! Cycling is going great and finally running without foot pain. Still working on the stretching cause my ITband and hip are still tight.
I am excited for Iron Girl on sunday and I hope I see lots of faces out there! I've told a lot of people, done the outreach and promoted the race like its my job....and why??? Cause racing an Iron girl race is like nothing you'll ever experience. Post-race catered buffet, awesome finisher medals for everyone and a great performance shirt..oh, and great energy from the athletes! Check out www.irongirl.com for more details!
Good luck Aaron this weekend. My bro has the Big Ten Gymnastics championship in Minneapolis. With only NCAA left after this meet, I know he is going to do great! Have fun Aaron and Go Blue!
Don't forget to watch NBC at 2 Eastern Time for the showing of the Ironman 70.3 World Championship in Clearwater! Also, good luck to those racing in California 70.3 and to Will who is racing a relay in Texas!