Skip to main content

It all went by so fast....

What a BUSY last couple of days. Training is the same...lots of it. Oh, I'm having no pain when running either so that is a great thing. Cycled one of my biggest weeks at 276 miles and ran a pain free 30 miles as well. Swimming was great this week with around 5500 yrds. A bit on the low side for swimming, but I will need to add an extra day of swimming to add on more yards to my two swimming days a week. I know I need to continue with the bike work so really feel strong in Kona.
Friday was supposed to be an easy spin with my friend Christian, but instead it turned out to be a 3 hour ride in the wind averaging around 18-19 mph. So I had to draft on his wheel on the way back but it was still an enjoyable ride. Watched Pursuit of Happyness this weekend (for the second time) and recommed it to anyone who needs a lesson on working hard for something that they believe in...what a great movie!
Saturday was an easy morning for me. I work up at 630 for a planned run and thought to myself..am I really going to get anything out of going for an hour run on cold muscles and a tired body? I decided to take it easy and since I was planning on spending the day at the Webster Race I thought I could go for a run there if I really wanted to. Karel and I headed about an hour and a half to the brooksville area, in the middle on no where, for his Pro 1,2 race. Of course, after seeing the country roads and trails...my legs were begging for me to run. As I cheered for some of the gearlinkers as I ran on the dirty/gravel road course, I had a nice 6 mile run before the start of the pro race. Although saturday may have seemed like a long day, with Karel racing for 180 Kilometers (12 laps, around 112 miles!) I tested my skills for the feed zone and enjoyed my time at the cycling race. PLease don't ever hire me for the feed zone. I was 1 for 3 and I even missed a lap cause I was walking from the lovely port-o-potties and I saw him cycle on by before the feed zone....opps! Luckily, Karel had an AMAZING 5th place finish to celebrate and my poor water-bottle skills were overlooked. 5th place...out of WAY too many Pro 1,2 guys...Karel..keep up the great work, you will dominate at the Tour de Gila in a couple weeks!!!! A bunch of the gearlink guys and I are heading up to the Tour de Georgia in 2 weeks so I decided to test my climbing skills at the hills of San Antonio this morning. Karel and I got together our road bikes (as he was planning on doing an easy 50 mile ride) and we headed to the normal sun meeting point of San Antonio. This was my first time riding in the hills, so I knew it would be fun to do something new on my bike. First time for the road bike and we (me and Blue..who knows where Karel was! :), road 2 loops of the cycling race course in 2 1/2 hours and then I did my first long brick of the season with a 40 minute run. My legs couldn't feel fresher and I can't tell you how much I LOVE training in the country. Because I am a zoning out kind of girl, I love training (especially running) in rural areas. No cars, no rude people (well, there are always jerks out there) and lots of nature to look at. Breakfast was celebrated with my favorite post-training food (pancakes, eggs and coffee) and the rest of the day I have been without a nap by keeping busy with lost of computer stuff.
I'll be heading up to Penn State this week (on wed) for my brothers NCAA gymnastics meet to wrap up his entire college career for gymnastics at the University of Michigan...no pressure Aaron!
Congrats again to ALL the gearlink guys and good luck to all the triathletes either racing at Ft.Desoto or Clermont this weekend..oh, and the cyclists racing in Jacksonville. So much to cheer for!