Skip to main content

Feeling lazy...and I love it!

I am beat. Seriously, every part of my body is aching. Not to the extent that I just finished an Ironman or a Marathon, but I am moving very slow. I really don't get "sore" I just get tired. My body is tired. Saturday morning I watched the guys do a fun circuit race in landsbrook. 6 loops of our normal Wed night ride and the guys split into 4 teams of 4. They all worked together, sprinted at a certain point of each loop to get points and they looked like they were having fun and working hard. I, of course, did not participate and road on the other side of the road and did my 6 loops and pushed hard to average 20-21 mph by myself. After they finished Karel rode home to get ready for work (yes-he works on saturday, what a bummer) and I rode with some of the guys for a bit longer. I ended up going an extra 20 miles by myself to put in my needed mileage. After getting home a bit before 12, I had put in 65 miles on my bike in about 3 hours and 45 minutes and quickly put on my shoes and fuel belt for a 30 min. run. I always feel strong on sat. morning and I did a lot of visualization during my run. I invisioned myself in Kona running along Ali drive about to finish the Ironman in 10 hours and 30 minutes (actually, in my dreams I am finishing in 10 hours and 9 minutes) which is the time I am training my body for. I wasn't too tired on saturday but I still made myself rest and not get on the computer. Of course I can't watch the tour w/o Karel so I just sat around and watched TV. I had my weekend trip to get a yummy coffee (usually Starbucks Frappachino carmel light) which is a yummy treat to myself! I usually get Karel a yummy coffee as well, but he is more of a chocolate person so it is usually something mocha. The tour was super exciting to watch and afterwards I popped in the '98 Ironman World Championship DVD to get myself excited to train on sunday. I woke up early on sunday (actually-slept in until 5:20 am...I know, it is sad) and got myself ready to run with celia. Karel was off to San Antonio and I will start riding up there w/ him (well, with the triathletes. I could never keep up w/ Karel and his cycling buddies) in a 2 weeks. I rode my bike to Celia's (around 18 miles) and dropped my bike in her garage as I ran the first hour and 10 minutes by myself. That was really good for my aerobic running legs because it is always tough running w/ celia. She is resting a bit this week for the duathlon nationals so after my hour and 10 minute run, Celia joined me for the last hour and 10 minutes of my run. Ouch...not sure if it was my tired legs or her amazingly fast legs but I was hurting. Heart rate wasn't too high but the quads were aching a bit. After 2 hours and 20 minutes for me, I was anxious to hop on the bike and spin my legs home. Celia and I chatted on my way home (again, we rode a little faster than I would like) but if she is the one that beats me at my races and is 5th in the World in Duathlon in her AG, I guess I will have her push me. You always have to train w/ people better than you to get faster...and I want to get faster!!!
Just checked out the times for IM lake placid. Gotta check out the girlies in my age group (25-29) to see who I will be racing against in Kona. My friend Rachel Cosgrove raced and so far she is pulling out great times for her first IM. It is amazing watching some of the Pro women (on the internet). What an inspiration for me as I keep training hard to hopefully one day make some money for all the hard work I do in the sport I love!
Have a wonderful sunday..the couch is calling me and so is the TV!!!