Skip to main content

Big Things to Come!

First off...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOM!!!!! What a great mom and if I told you her age you would be in shock!! Looking great mom, stay healthy!
This has been a big week. Lots of training and I'm feeling good. Monday evening I went for an easy spin with karel over the two causeways and around Clearwater beach and Bellair. Tuesday morning was a big day with a 3600 swim practice followed by 8 miles on the treadmill. As boring as 8 miles on the treadmill may seem long (would you be in shock that my longest run was on the treadmill for 3 hours!!!) but with sets of intervals (1:45 x 4 w/ 30 sec. recovery, repeat the set 3 times) the workout goes by really fast. Tuesday evening it didn't rain so I could finally get in an evening bike to get in more bike mileage. I did a quality workout with 3 x 5 minutes w/ 1 mile recovery keeping a half IM heart rate. I was excited to sleep tuesday evening, that's for sure! Wednesday morning I taught spin and I've been incorporating more hills/climbing. I feel so bad for my class because they never knew they were training for an Ironman in Hawaii!
I had a great 4 mile run after spin and callled it a morning before the wed night ride. Suprisingly, I made all 5 loops and I felt like wed night was a big step in my riding. There were no excuses for rain or an unsteady pace. There were around 25 people for the ride and it was great weather. I drafted like normal but the 28 mph pace was constant and tough. I even sprinted at the end but I was at the end and I wasn't passing many people. Oh well, it was a great ride and Karel was proud of me. A nice 44 miles for an evening ride (counting cool-down). Thursday morning I again got in 3500 yards and the run was tough afterwards. 3 x 7 min. keeping my heart rate above 145 (which is kinda high for me. 10K HR is at 170). I ended up with close to 9 miles and thursday evening was a short 40 min. spin for the legs. this morning was tough for a 50 mile bike ride alone and 40 minutes running in the hot Florida weather. I was sweating a lot and thank goodness for the fuel belt.
I am looking forward to this weekend for I have a lot of miles to cover. Sat. and Sun. will both be long and mentally challenging. Karel is off to Dahlonega, GA. for the Georgia cup. He will be my inspiration this weekend since his races cover some extreme climbing and mega altitude. I know he will do great but it will be a challenge for him.
Other than triathlons, everything is going well. I recently sent in my academic resume and transcripts to an accredited Dietetic University in hopes of going back to school in 2008 for a dietetic degree. I would really like to get an Registered Dietician degree so getting a degree in dietetics would be just a start. I've been trying to work hard with nutrition consultations but it seems slow right now and I haven't been as successful this past week. However, I still stay busy answering emails from people with questions and concerns with racing/training nutrition. I don't write many articles in the summer (more of a winter/off-season job) but I have been staying busy on the BT website with articles and online nutrition coaching.
Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Happy birthday MoM!!! Love you!