Skip to main content

Inconsistent yet strong

Inconsistent is the word I am using to describe my training. Strong is the word that I am using to describe my body. This whole move has really re-structured me and caused me to change around my training. Instead of two-a-days I am putting in double hours in the morning. Instead of biking in the afternoons I am putting in more miles in the morning a few days during the week and one of the workouts is with Karel. I am running faster than ever but I couldn't even tell you what days I run, how long and how far. I wake up, decide that I will run that morning. I found myself not being in the pool for over 2 weeks (well, two times to be correct) and now I am swimming fast. My runs are fast, my biking is fast and my swimming is fast.
I guess inconsistency is working but perhaps I should think about the type of workouts that I am doing. I have no plan so when I set out for my workout I am sure that it is a quality workout. I have goals and expectations for the workout and when I return home I feel accomplished when I complete those goals.
Yesterday I biked with Karel for 30 miles and I felt great. This morning I ran 30 min. on the treadmill and at 7.8mph I was floating on the treadmill. Just skipping away. In the pool I did a 1000 warm-up in 15 min and then a series of 100's with 5 sec. rest. All of my 100's were around 1:21. My muscles are sore but my heart feels really strong for all my workouts.
Next week I go to Atlanta w/ Kate for Iron Girl Atlanta. I am speaking at the pre-race clinic and the triathlon is on sun. I am hoping for a good race. At first I was wondering how I would get excited for a race with my inconsistent training but I guess I should think about how strong I feel and hopefully I will have a fun and successful race.
As for my other half...Karel has been consistent AND strong. He heads to LaGrange, GA today for the GA state crit championships. There are two crits on sat and in addition to the state crit in the early evening, there is a race called the "win and out" crit which is new to the GA cup race in LaGrange. That race is 30 laps and after the first 10 laps, every other lap is a race for $100. Once a cyclist (cat 1,2,3,4) wins the lap, he gets $100 but has to leave the race. Karel is so focused on $100 cause we could use a little traveling gas money so he is ready to sprint for the money. Sun is the road race which is 3 loops and 102 miles. Unfortunantly no one will be there to feed him his fluids but I think he will survive :)
Have a great weekend and since it is prime race season....good luck to anyone racing!