Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Campy!


Campy's first picture

Around this time last year, we found Campy on Petfinder.com, a site devoted to rescued animals. It was late on a Tues evening and we wrote down a handful of 800-numbers to call on Wed about a possible new edition to our family. We came across a pic of a chihuahua with really long legs and a phone number which was not an 800 number. I called the number after I read the description: "Family fostering chihuahua mix, named Sparky. If interested, must call for a interview". When I called, I was told by Campy's foster mommy that this was one special dog and she was not going to give him to just anyone. After a detailed phone call and a 1+ hour trip to Amelia Island, I saw Sparky (CAMPY) and it was love at first sight. After I gave my donation for the rescue shelter in Amelia Island and signed the paperwork, I immediately called Karel to tell him about our new puppy. "I LOVE him already!!" It was actually Karel's idea to get Campy after I rescued a chihuahua from our apartment pond and after 3 days of keeping him, we found the owners. I guess it was a sad but happy time for us.
The ride home was interesting. Campy was a little nervous, a little excited and a little happy. I wasn't really sure what to do, how to act and what to say to him so I just kept telling him "Campy, I am your new mommy". I was super excited to introduce Campy to Karel but first I had to clean up the pee and throw up from Campy. I guess he was a little overwhelmed during the car ride to Jacksonville.
Karel loved him, Smudla wasn't sure about him and when I introduced Campy to my parents and my friends, he was loved by all.
Campy is a breath of fresh air and he can cheer you up with his puppy dog eyes, his love for life and his big smile. Every day is a lottery-winning day and he is always happy to see us when we come home. Campy has a bunch of favorite things in life and in no particular order; Running, walking, chasing squirrels up trees, taking out the stuffing in his toys, chasing gecko's, going on road trips, vising Karel at the Trek store, going to the beach, hanging out with Bman, kisses, running in back yards and inside houses, eating people food (tofu, chickpeas, lean meat, yogurt, cottage cheese, tuna, hard boiled eggs, carrots and apples are his favorites), sleeping, helping me cook, barking at anything moving fast, sticking his head out the window when I drive, cuddling under blankets and lastly, going anywhere with his mommy and daddy.
I never thought I could love an animal the way I love Campy (because I love all animals) but Karel and I are so thankful that Campy came into our life and Campy...we LOVE YOU!! Happy 2 year B-day and 1 year anniversary with us!

It was hard to pick my favorite pictures because I have way too many...enjoy!




































Day before I got married