Skip to main content

Trek Breast Cancer Awareness Ride



What a great weekend.
After a fun group ride at 7:15am on Sat morning, followed by an unplanned 15 mile Time Trial to get me back to the Trek Store by 9:45am, I joined Karel, Jeff and many others for the first ever national Trek Breast Cancer Awareness ride.
Karel and I were really worried about the turnout but for the inaugural ride we were pleasantly pleased with the number of people supporting breast cancer.
Trek had a bunch of goodies (helmet, light, etc.) for a raffle and Trek gear (pink socks, t-shirt, water bottle) for each of the riders. The best part about the Trek ride is that all the money ($25 per person) for the ride goes directly to breast cancer. The Trek Corporation really went above and beyond to give Jeff all of the great swag to give the riders, for Free.
The 20 mile ride was fun and I met a lot of nice people. I enjoyed seeing Karel on his new fixed gear bike (which he just built on Fri and early sat morning) and I LOVED his bright pink handle bar tape. I must say that Karel looks fabulous in pink and he was proud of his pink socks. That's right Karel, real men wear pink and wear it oh-so-well :)
Thanks to everyone who came out to the ride and I look forward to seeing old and new faces next year!!






Breast Cancer is an area of clinical nutrition which really interests me. My grandma on my mom's side passed from breast cancer, my aunt (on my mom's side) is a survivor and I know many people who have been affected. I am doing my best to reduce my risk and live a healthy and quality-filled life. As most of you know, I love helping others and making a difference in a person's life, especially when it comes to nutrition. I won't know about a possible Jan-Sept Mayo Clinic dietetic internship until mid-November but I will continue to keep my fingers crossed for this super competitive internship. Although the Mayo Clinic would provide me with an amazing clinical experience and hands-on education in the field of dietetics, I really look forward to the day(s) when I can learn more about breast cancer in order to help diagnosed patients, survivors and women looking to reduce the risk for breast cancer.

I hope everyone is enjoying Breast Cancer awareness month! Just a few more weeks to go to make a difference in your state. What's the best thing you have done for Breast Cancer? Are you a survivor? How have you been affected by breast cancer? I'd love to hear your stories!