Skip to main content

Happy Valentine's Day!!


I just love this pic. We got married on Oct 26th 2008 and Campy had just come into our life. It was truely love at first sight.

“The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.”


Right now I feel a little blah. My life is a routine and I find myself with little flexibility. Karel has been amazing through this entire dietetic internship journey and he never lets me give up.

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."

When I met Karel I was training for my first Ironman (IMFL). I am pretty sure by now (4 1/2 years later) that Karel understands that I am very structured and disciplined and I always have my eyes set on a goal. Perhaps there was a reason why he came into my life when I wasn't looking for anyone to interfere with my schedule. While he let me be me, he also forced me to take chances. Both in sport and in life. Understanding that life requires balance and not strict regime, Karel has shown me a whole new way of living life.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."

My family is the world to me. Without them, I don't know how I could be where I am right now. It's been 10 1/2 years since I have graduated high school and I have spent 8 of those year in school. My mom, dad and brother have always supported me in all of my crazy adventures and ideas and they are my #1 fans. I really have the best family ever and I believe I am who I am because of the love I receive from my family.


“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”


My friends, blog readers and athletes = motivation. Sometimes I wonder how to make it all work but when I stop thinking about the task at hand and live in the moment, it all seems to work itself out. I hear stories from others and feel inspired as if I have nothing to complain about. Everyone has a story and a reason. I am fortunate that I have the opportunity to work with so many amazing athletes and I can't tell you how much I love receiving random emails from blog readers, sharing with me their stories and letting me know how I have been a part of their active and healthy journey.

“Don't lower your expectations to meet your performance. Raise your level of performance to meet your expectations. Expect the best of yourself, and then do what is necessary to make it a reality.”

Thanks for reading. Happy Valentines day!