Skip to main content

Czech trip: Vegetarian restaurant


 

As a vegetarian athlete, I find meal planning very easy and fun as I have a variety of fresh and whole foods to enjoy on a daily basis to keep me fueled, nourished and satisfied. But there's nothing more exciting to me than being inspired by new plant strong creations and enoying those creations with others. I'm grateful that I have a very open-minded hubby who loves to eat and is always open to good, fresh food. He knows that between us two, the only thing that differs is that I don't eat meat or fish. So in other words, there is a lot for us to enjoy together and I rarely feel "left out" at meal time. Sometimes, I have to get a little creative when eating outside the home so you can imagine, when a vegetarian restaurant is within my reach, Karel is excited to share it with me. There are not too many times when I am stumped as to what to order from the menu AND I can taste whatever Karel is eating as well.
 After a busy day of touring a castle, walking around town, visiting a wine cellar and taking a hike to an amazing look out point, Karel and I (and his best bud and cycling teammate growing up along with his girlfriend) enjoyed a delicious, satisfying and amazing meal at a vegetarian restaurant in Czech.
I found Na Věčnosti from the Happy Cow website and the reviews were great.
 
 
 Karel and I both thought it would be special to try this restaurant as we have been loving all of the local food here but this would be an extra treat for me and for all four of us!  I am happy about last evening so I wanted to share it with all my plant-strong lovers.
 

(yay - there was a menu in English!)


                                          




 












My dish! Couscous with dried plums and tofu with ginger, nuts and raisins


Karel's dish: Robi medallion with mushrooms in creamy sauce with potatoes (OMG - so delicious!)

 

Halusky with sheep cheese and roasted onions (girlfriend of Karel's friends' dish)

Karel's friends' dish: Creamy risotto in wine, saffron, capers and parmesan cheese

 
Dessert: Fresh rye bread (which I am LOVING here!) with Zlato Cheese - with hot pickled peppers, ketchup, jam and mustard