Skip to main content

Memorial Weekend



What fun today! My friend Hunter, his girlfriend, his sister, Karel and I had an awesome day on the boat in clearwater beach. I attempted water skiing, but I should probably stick with triathlons. At least I tried! Lots of sun today to wear me out! It was a great day.

Karel rode with me today...yep, you heard it right. He is still really sore, with an awful bruise on his arm, but atleast he is on his bike. And as if I thought I would be able to keep up with him since he has been off the bike for 17 days...yeah right! He kicked my butt and he was only spinning his legs. We both took it easy today for a nice 30 mile spin. He has an amazing positive outlook on life and he is such an amazing athlete. Yesterday was great as I joined the Gearlink guys for a 16 mile time trial in Tarpon. It was a lot of fun and great to see the guys on their road bikes with aerobars! My seduza finally fit in! Felt strong but didn't push too hard. Still on recovery mode from the Half Ironman last weekend at Disney.

Things are finally rolling with my new "job" of working with BeginnerTriathlete.com and doing nutrition for the members. I absolutely love helping people and although it is time-consuming, it is helping me get excited to go back to school by next summer to receive a RD degree. If you ever have any nutrition/triathlon training questions (or cycling), please feel free to email me at mrakes1@hotmail.com

Kona training starts tues....I'm so ready!

I hope everyone has a safe Memorial weekend! A big congrats to Ray Reinders and Anthony Astrab who are competing in Tennessee this weekend for a stage cycling race. Also, congrats to those racing at Crystal River and at Ironman Brazil.