Skip to main content

It's all coming together..

Last week was big and I anticipate that I have bigger weeks to come. With around 8000 meters of swimming, 287 miles of cycling and 46 miles of running I deserved my day off on monday. Tuesday, wed and thursday were normally training days and I have been searching the web for as much information on the Ironman World Championships. Whereas I didn't let myself google competitors, look at course maps (in detail) and check out anything Kona-Ironman related, I am now devouring myself in everything Kona-Ironman related. I can tell I'm getting stronger and everything is coming together nicely. I don't just want to go to Kona and participate, I want to race. I want to give it my all and leave everything out on the big Island. I have the 70.3 clearwater world championships to have fun and participate but there is nothing "fun" about Kona. I am going there and staying focused when I am there. OK-so I am sure I will have a blast talking to people, taking a billion pictures and writing on my blog 10 times a day but come October 13th I am all about racing 140.6 miles as fast and effecient as I can.
I'm looking forward to this weekend 'cause my parents are coming over to Karel and I's place on Sunday. Karel bought a new Plasma 42" Elite TV a couple weeks ago and my dad and him have an overdo "TV date". As for my mom and me, I'm sure we will just laugh at the boys being boys. I'm always excited to see my parents. More so, I will have my weekend training finished and I can enjoy the little bit of normalcy I welcome into my life on sunday afternoon.
This weekend is the Publix Triathlon and I will have to pass on participating. Good luck to everyone racing.