Skip to main content

What a GREAT Weekend




Spending time with my family is always great. Now that we have a new edition to our family, it is great having Karel around to share our laughs and fun times together. My parents, bro and grandparents came to clearwater on sat. to see our place and afterwards we all headed to Columbias at Sand Key beach for dinner. We had a gorgeous view of the ocean and the food was great. Since I'm semi-obsessed with bread (ok, very obsessed) I loved it that each person had their own loaf of bread. Yeah, mine was gone in about 5 seconds :) My grandpa is a great photographer but most of all, he loves taking pics of the family. So after lots of pictures we headed back home. Karel had his typical sweet tooth so we searched for ice cream in Dunedin and came across a cute ice cream and candy shop right on main street. Too cute! Sunday I wasn't really feeling a long ride since i've been riding a lot lately (part of my active recovery for my almost healed leg) so I headed out for a nice 35 mile ride. I met up with 2 other guys from the gearlink team and i enjoyed riding and talking on the pinellas trailwhich made my ride go by really fast. Karel headed to the Suncoast trail for a 3 hour ride with some of the Gearlink guys. After we both had a nice pancake breakfast (usual sun. breakfast after our ride) we rested for a bit. Later that day, the family, Karel and I headed to St.Pete and we spent a couple hours at the Dali museum. I did a presentation on Dali in my HS spanish class and Karel really likes museums and art. My parents, bro and grandparents really enjoyed the museum and once again....lots of pics. Karel and I enjoyed our time in st.pete and walked around the streets. We stopped at a gelato and coffee shop and I just love seeing all the flavors of gelato...olive oil and pepper was one of them!!! ewwww! I had a good coffee and Karel enjoyed a lemon sorbet and dark chocolate gelato. We ran into my family driving around st.pete and my bro joined Karel and I for a drive down to st.pete beach. By 6pm we were ready for dinner so we made sure my bro enjoyed his last day in Florida by going to Outback at Clearwater beach. Later that evening we all watch Hannibal (great movie!) and my brother headed back to my parents house.
I had a fabulous weekend. I hope everyone else enjoyed some relaxing days with friends and family. I am thankful for so many things and the holiday reminds me how lucky I am to have so many special people in my life.