Skip to main content

Quick Trip

Last night was early to bed like usual. As for this morning, I had one of those mornings. I wanted to ride but I just wasn't feeling it. The wind was blowing (not in my favor), the ground was wet and I was alone. I usually ride an hour alone before Gearlink rides and since we were doing bridge repeaters today I wanted a nice spin before those "climbs". I guess I had a lot on my mind cause it was just one of those mornings where I debated about going back home and calling it a morning. I wish I could run cause I really wanted to be outside. I stayed on my bike because of that reason and I'm glad I kept riding. I met the group at 8 and completed all the repeaters at my effort and finished the ride with 50 miles. Karel has a Tough workout today...87 minutes at tempo pace (according to a certain power) with a total of 3 hours on the bike. Actually, he was out for about 4 hours since he forgot his key. Poor thing..he didn't bonk during the ride but he bonked so bad After his ride since he was ready to get home for the smoothie and another hour riding around to look for me really depleted him. Back to his workout - I can't believe he can keep that intense pace (Even in the crazy wind we had today). I know Karel is going to have a great season this year. Speaking of his season. Karel was invited to race on a team in Jacksonville. We headed up to Jacksonville this afternoon and picked up his new bike at the ABC bike shop. We are staying at a comfort inn right on the beach and it is just beautiful. I love how the waves splash against the sand and I enjoy seeing all the people walking around on the streets. Nice area..I look forward to coming back. Karel has a big ride tomorrow with some of the guys up here. I think they are going for 110 miles and I'm sure it isn't an easy pace. I brought my bike and I plan on riding along A1A. Again...wish I could run but I guess I will burn some calories on my bike. I just checked out the continental breakfast and although I'd prefer pancakes...I was eyeing the waffle maker downstairs...yumm! Good night!