Skip to main content

For your viewing...

As mentioned in previous posts, Karel and I do plyometrics twice a week. Most of the exercises are on a BOSU or step bench but we also do plyo's in a gym (basketball court) with no equipment. I really believe in plyo's for improving power and there is nothing like a 30 min. high intensity workout of plyo sets to get your heart rate going.
I came across this website which has great visual aids of plyo's. Karel and I mostly do exercises which involve jumping but you can check out all the different plyo's from lower body, to upper and medicine ball.
  • Plyometric exercises
  • After reading about plyo's also check out the links under "are plyo's really that effective?" to see the examples. We usually warm-up with a 10 min run on the treadmill and then do 2-3 sets of 2-3 plyo exercises. We do the 3 different plyo's which last 45 sec - 1 min (I do 45 min before I pass out and karel usually does 15 sec more than me) and rest about 1 minute. There are plenty of exercises out there so browse around on the net for other exercises. I am working on a video for BT.com for a plyometric workout so I will let you know when I am finished with that.

    Also, Karel and I watched a fantastic movie last week. It is called Fast Food Nation and it is a big eye opener. I am not saying it will make you become a vegetarian but it is a great documentary-like movie. I had the book from some years past and when I saw this movie on HBO on demand, I just had to watch it with Karel. It was really well done and I recommend watching it to learn about our fast food industry. It isn't like Super Size me where it talks about the nutritional value (or lack thereof) in fast food but Fast Food Nation depicts how some industries are run by immigrants (or below minumum wage workers) which are not respected, how the meat you are eating is really made and how companies will do almost anything to make $$.
  • Fast Food Nation

  • Click on trailors and clips and you can watch the promo.