Skip to main content

Monday morning and already tired...

The week has officially started and the weekend is officially over. After my BT.com chat last night (which was absolutely great...what wonderful questions people had!) I had trouble falling alseep. I was up pretty late (10:30) so I slept in a bit until 6:45am (no alarm). Ahhhh, monday's are so nice. Not sure when people take a day off from training but I call them recovery monday's and no alarm is set and I just do whatever my body feels like doing. Sometimes I don't need a full day off to recover (I'm not quite sure what I am recovering from right now with my training routine :) but it is nice to get a little extra sleep every now and then. Last monday Karel and I went for an evening jog (yes, Karel can run...fast!) so that was enjoyable. Sometimes we take a walk in the morning or I will go for an easy 1500-2000 swim at the Y. As for this morning, it was 45-degree's out and I went for a 30 min. walk. The walk lasted about 15 minutes since walking is a bit too slow for me if I am not on a treadmill on an incline, so the walk turned into a jog. It is so nice to be able to just pick up the pace with my legs and jog. 2 months ago I wished I could move my legs fast enough to call it a jog...without that stupid limp or a nagging pain in my groin. Oh, I feel so happy that I am recovered. After the jog I got myself ready to head to John Chesnut park to train someone. Utlizing park benches and an open road, I can come up with great exercises to get the heart rate going. I brought my stretch cord today and I think her arms were burning a bit :) I am now in the library at St.pete college waiting for my Biology class at 11. Once again I will learn about cells and try not to think about how tired I am already. After class I will head home, grab something to eat, study and then head to the pool for coaching. Then to class one more time at 7-10 and my day will finally be over. As much as I wish it was the weekend, I actually like being busy and having a schedule. I think if I wasn't so busy I wouldn't be so disciplined. Plus, when I train/coach people I get so excited to offer my help that I just forget about all the things I have to do that day. Well, I better get going so I can get to class. I'm not too concerned that someone will take my desk in the front row (Yes, I am a nerd..even when I am 3-7 years older than most of the students I still sit in the front of the class :).
My best advice for a busy life (in order to not become stressed) is to just live day by day. So...enjoy the day and have a great Monday!