Skip to main content

Morning Ride

I rode in the afternoon yesterday and after a week of not being on my bike, I was so happy to actually WANT to ride my bike. I rode Blue and with my new women's handlebars (which Karel put on) I feel really comfortable on my bike. With my old bars, it was kinda like having aerobars which are way too far apart and you just feel awkard when you ride. I just rode for about 28 miles and listened to my radio but it was a great way to finish off a Friday. I am almost all bundled up for the 50-degree temps out here in clearwater (i know, very sad how pathetic we are in the cold) and the tires are pumped up for a morning ride. I am planning to get a couple hours in of riding before I start studying for the day. Karel safely arrived in Jacksonville with 3 other guys from his team and this morning the team is training together before they head to Gainsville for the "training" race. I hope Karel really enjoys this first "training" race with a team. Only in Europe when he was racing for a Junior Elite team, he hasn't had the opportunity to ride with other teammates and have others working for you while you work for others. Karel's season officially starts in Feb/March and after that it is race after race almost every weekend until Oct (w/ a couple weekends off in the hot summer months).
I started putting together a training plan because I will be training for an event this year....I signed up for Ironman Florida 70.3 for the 3rd year in a row. I absolutely love that race and I knew if I was healthy and didn't sign up I would be sad. Now that I am 99% healed (self-diagnosed) I needed something to train for and keep me sane. After 4 months of just exercising and hoping to walk without pain (oh, and one Ironman in Kona :) hehe) I can finally get up in the morning and look forward to my workout instead of wondering if I will even be able to work out. Thank you all my blog readers for keeping me going through the last 4 months!!! I am very thankful that I have triathlon and sports nutrition enthusiasts who check out my blog to hopefully get motivated or become more educated.
I'm off to ride.....