Skip to main content

READY TO PARRRRTYYYY!

Karel is heading to Chattanooga, TN today (LOOOONGGG drive!) for a race this weekend. I called him this morning after my morning swim and told him that I was so excited for this triathlon. No expectations, no big goals. I just want to get there and see everyone. I feel like I have gone a whole year without seeing all my tri buddies. Ok, so I don't know everyone by name but isn't it true that if you race local races you see the SAME people at all the races. The same people placing top 5 and the same people smiling no matter how they finish. You feel like you have family at the races because everyone shares a similar passion. Everyone loves triathlons! Since this is one of the premier races of the 2008 season, I'm sure people are anxious to show off their upgrades from last year (wheels, helmets, wetsuits, shoes, glasses, etc.). I just feel like i am going to a party tomorrow and I can't wait to get there. I'm volunteering at registration today for a few hours at the USAT check-on so I am sure seeing people check in with get me even more excited to race. This morning I swam at the Y with the usual fast guys and I am loving swimming in the "slow" lane. There is nothing swimming in the slow lane if you can still make cycle with guys who are almost lapping you....I don't mind, I like the push. And because I don't like much rest when I swim, it is just perfect for me to touch and go. The swim set went by really fast today. 500 warm-up and then a series of 400's: 400 swim. 300 swim with 15 sec rest and then 100 swim. 200 swim, then 2 x 100's with 15 sec rest. 4 x 100's w/ 15 sec rest. After those 4 x 400's, we did 8 x 50's on :45. I thought i wouldn't make the cycle cause I wasn't feeling really speedy this morning but I made them all with around 4-7 sec. rest (less rest towards the end).
Well, I tried out the race wheels and cleaned my bike up (without Karel). Seduza is ready to go. I see nothing wrong with trying out my race wheels on the street outside in my t-shirt, bib shorts, cotton socks and helmet over my pony tail. It is a new fashion statement. If Karel was here he would have laughed that I had my helmet on to ride .5 miles down the road. Well, safety first everyone! And enjoy the party if you are racing!!!