Skip to main content

Puppy brick workouts

Campy is just too fast for me. I think I need a new runner for campy. Someone who can run sub-6:30 min/miles.
Not only are we going on long walks on a daily basis (more than once a day) but Campy is my new transition dog. Although I'm not "training" right now, I consider bricks w/ Campy a perfect exercise for both of us on the weekends. Unfortunantly, my legs just don't go that fast.
On sat morning I went for a nice 1:35 run. I wasn't really sure how the run would go since my mind was in a million places when I started and with my radio batteries dying at around 30 min. into the run I wasn't sure how the run would end. Luckily, the run was great, the weather was cool and I couldn't wait to get back home to be with Campy. My legs felt great during the run and I didn't stop to walk. Since that last half, I have committed myself to not walking during long runs.
When I got home from my run I put on Campy's harness and grabbed the leash and he was ready to torture me. We started walking down our apartment stairs and once we hit the parking lot he was ready to run.
We ran around our apartment complex and I couldn't believe how fast he can run!!! We are working on continuous running and I can't wait til we can run a mile together. I see a 5K in his future!

As for this morning, Karel and I had a date on our bikes together for a nice 40 mile ride. When I took campy out this morning at 6:30am it was SO cold out!! Ok, to some 50-degrees might be "warm" but we were not expecting the sudden drop in temperature. We pulled out the arm warmers and at 7am we hit the road on our road bikes.
I tried not to draft off of Karel too much so we rode side-by-side. It was nice to finally ride together since this was the first time in about a month that he has been on his road bike. However, as I am pushing hard in my big ring, trying to hold 20 mph in windy conditions, Karel is spinning his legs in the small chain ring. I had a little melt down around mile 25 in the ride when we made a left turn and all the lactic acid flushed into my legs and I was just so mad at the winds. As I am getting frustrated on my bike Karel is there to brighten my spirits and he tells me that the wind is just there to remind me that I finished Kona. Ok, so today was nothing like Kona but the little frustration that I get on my bike just makes me want to work harder to get stronger. Maybe one day I will pull Karel :)
After 35 miles Karel headed home and I rode for 10 more miles. When I got home Campy was ready for another run and I was ready for my brick with him. Another run around the apartment and this time he was ready to set a PR. I felt like Campy was running me and I was just being pulled by his leash.
Well, this was a great weekend bur I can't wait to get through the next 3 days (2 days of school) so that Campy and I can hit the road to see my parents.



Campy and I before our 10 min brick run



I think that bone is too big???


Campy taking his evening nap after a walk.


(we didn't put him like that. He loves sleeping on his back and he loves being under blankets)