Skip to main content

Warm, Sun, Cool, Rain

What a forecast for this weekend.
Although we have a 50% chance of rain tomorrow night (which means, it will rain) the forecast calls for sun and a high of 78-degrees in the morning! Finally...NO trainer!!!
I plan to do at least 2 hours on the bike but no more than 3. It is my recovery week and I am really looking forward to the bump up in volume for the next block of training. I haven't acclimated Campy to the "hot" weather yet (since we got him in October) but I'm sure we will both run with our tongues hanging out after my bike ride.
Weather looks great for a cool run on Sunday because the high is 55-degrees but then there is a 90% chance for rain. I don't think I have too long of a run on Sunday so I could put up with the treadmill on sunday if I have to.

Campy and I are going to downtown Jacksonville after my brick workout tomorrow morning. We are attending the Trail of Tails Pet Walk and Festival. I thought about walking campy for the 1.5 mile walk at 10am but I am a little nervous about trying to walk him around hundreds of dogs. So, we will just go to the festival and I'll let Campy sniff lots of butts. I'm sure he will give a big bark or two at the big dogs and pee on every bush, plant and blade of grass with all the great smells at the park. I'm also going to give a donation since we aren't walking in the walk. Campy (and Smudla) say thank you to all rescue shelters around the world for keeping them and the other doggies and kitties from being homeless on the street.

My biochemistry exam went really well but I have a bit more studying this weekend for my other 2 classes. I am also working on my professional portfolio for my Profesional Dietetic Development course. The portfolio that I am putting together now will be really helpful for when I apply to Internships in Sept. I can't believe I am less than 10 months away from a possible internship...and no more school!!!

I hope everyone enjoys the weekend...I'm sure it will be warm, sunny, cool or rainy depending on where you live. Or, if you live near me, it will be all of those!