Skip to main content

For the mountain bikers

This post is once again about Karel. It seems as though my life is pretty routine lately so I am enjoying living off the excitement that Karel brings into my life.
Sat morning was the Fixed Gear World Championships. 7 miles. Up and down the Nocatee bridge (twice). All for fun but Karel really went to extremes to make sure he was representing the fixies out there. Although fixed gear riding isn't as popular here in Florida as it is in other states like California, there was a good turn out at the beach for the fixed gear race.




As for me, I joined the beach ride once again and sure did suffer out there. I just couldn't stay on a wheel. The wind was blowing crazy hard and with the cooler temps (around 60-65 degrees while we were riding) I was having a hard time finding my rhythm. But, as usual, I love being on my bike, I love being outdoors, I love suffering and I love staying active. After the ride I decided to go for a run. My first brick after IMKY but it didn't really feel like a brick. I wasn't training. I was just enjoying the weather and enjoying my morning. I ran for 20 minutes. No music, no GPS, no thoughts on where to run. I just ran. I ran down the road from the beach Trek store, I ran to the beach so I could see the waves. I stopped for a few minutes so I could look at the ocean (My dream is to live on the ocean...maybe one day) and I headed back to the Trek store. What a great morning and I finished it off with a walk with Campy when I got home.
Sunday was a day off for me as far as training. But there is never a day off for the Sumbal's. At 5:50am, Karel, Campy and I were off to Tallahassee for a mountain bike race.
It was SO cold! We woke up in the upper 40's and it was barely reaching 55 when we got to Tallahassee. The wind was blowing and even with the sun out, I was super cold when the race started at 9:30am. Poor Campy. I embarrassed him with his bumble bee sweater. But he loves it cause it keeps him warm.
Karel did great on this challenging course. Our friend Sean C. won the Expert 30-39 category and Karel finished 6th. This was Karel's first time racing in the the Expert category and he had a lot of fun out there. My favorite part of the course is the BMX course where I was able to get some great shots.
Enjoy!
















CAMPY!!!