Skip to main content

Hawaiian Quinoa Pineapple Tofu Salad - Creations

Back in October 2007 I was about to participate in my 2nd Ironman...the Ironman World Championships. I was injured, scared and overwhelmed but somehow, I did it....and managed to keep a smile on my face for most of the 140.6 miles. I've started and finished every Ironman I have signed up for because at the end of the day, my heart is set on finishing what I started. As of now, I have some unfinished business on the magical island that is Kona.
I never wanted to relive that painful experience of racing injured in Kona but somehow my stubbornness got the best of me. Ever since Sept 2007, I raced and trained some-what injured. Sure, I set some PR's and had some good races but overall, it hasn't been fun to want to improve my performance and have a physical limiter.
Fast forward to 2010 and I am 100% injury free, healthy and 365 days (give or take a day or two) away from racing in my 5th Ironman...the Ironman World Championships....did I mention I am 6 1/2 months away from being finished with my dietetic internship!! The other day I "officially" registered for Kona on Active.com and smiled when I put "registered dietitian" as my profession.
I am filled with emotions and I want to be there NOW! I can't contain my excitement for the race this coming weekend and like every year (since I started training and racing Ironman's) I will be glued to my computer for the entire day...I can't miss a minute of the most amazing Ironman coverage you will ever witness...well, except being there in person.