Skip to main content

Monday product review

110 play harder clutch ice tights

On Sunday, Karel and I joined hundreds of other cyclists and bike enthusiasts for a beautiful ride on the hills of Clermont. Event report will come shortly but for now...I have to share my first experience with the clutch-tights from 110 Play Harder.

After 100 miles and some serious climbing, it was time to recover. Rest comes later...recovery comes first.

I put on my clutch tights and instantly felt relief. Even though I wore compression socks and CEP compression tri shorts during the bike ride, I was ready for more compression. What's so awesome about 110 Play Harder is that the clothing has pockets for ice!

Karel and myself have been using 110 play harder gear for a while now. As a member of the 110% Elite tri team in Jacksonville, FL, I could not be more proud to represent this brand. You will always find my promoting gear, nutrition and equipment that I use or have experienced/tried. I believe in encouraging others to try things so that performance can be improved..not just because I use it. Because I believe in a balanced approach to training, I always keep my body in mind and I never take for granted what my body allows me to do on a daily basis.




Here's a little about compression from 110 Play Harder:
3 REASONS THESE TIGHTS ARE SO CLUTCH

SMARTER PREPARATION

Whether it’s during travel or your final nights’ rest before the big event, our zoned, gradient compression helps your body prepare to perform it’s very best by reducing swelling and increasing circulation.


ACCELERATED RECOVERY

Clutch Tights are the next innovation for how passionate athletes recover. The powerful combination of zoned, gradient compression and ice therapy means you recover faster between training sessions so you can improve your performance and decrease your chance of injury.


FASTER HEALING

You’ve heard this part before: compression and ice is the best treatment for overuse injuries that occur in areas such as your Achilles, shins, calves, knees, hamstrings, quadriceps, glutes, hips, IT Band and lumbar. Here’s the brilliant part: combining these two therapies in one convenient piece of gear, Clutch Tights provide the hassle free way to comply with your physical therapist’s advice to apply RICE therapy: Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation.



Oakley Women Drizzle Sunglasses



If you haven't noticed lately....I absolutely LOVE my Oakley Women Drizzle sunglasses.

Back in June, when I went to Napa Valley for the Oakley Women fitness retreat (soon after finding out I was picked to be an Oakley Women ambassador), we toured the mobile Oakley Lab and received our own pair of the prototype Drizzle glasses. Only use to wearing "sport" sunglasses, I was a little hesitant to wear a more lifestyle type of sunglasses. However, shortly after receiving the drizzles, we all participated in a 5K race through a vineyard...in our new drizzles.

Amazingly, the drizzles didn't move from my face and they were super comfortable. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE these glasses and I can't go anywhere without them. I also own the Oakley Fringe sunglasses as my "cute" pair of glasses but the drizzle would be my 1st favorite because I can wear them all the time.

Here's a little about the sunglasses from the Oakely Women site.
Brighten your day with this versatile active eyewear sunglass called Drizzle™. The rounded square lens shape adds a stylish element to your active life. Unobtainium nosepads and earsocks grip when you sweat through your workout and the universally flattering shape keeps the compliments coming. The stress-resistant O Matter frame is durable and lightweight so they’re comfortable to wear sunrise to sunset.

Finding just the right color won’t be a problem because the selection of finishes for you to choose from is vast, from Raspberry Spritzer to Brown Sugar/Sunset.
For your savored sun-drenched activities the UV protection of the Plutonite lens material filters out 100% of UVA/UVB/UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm. If you want polarized lenses, Oakley Drizzle has the best polarized lenses on the planet with greater than 99% polarization efficiency. You can even get Oakley prescription lenses if you need them, either Single Vision ( +2.0 through -3.0 ) or Progressive ( +2.0 through -3.0 ). Drizzle has an 8.75 base lens curvature for optimized peripheral vision and side protection, and a varied field of light transmission through optional gradient lens shading. Oakley delivers its premium level of comfort and performance with the Three-Point Fit that holds the lens in precise optical alignment. If staying active is your game, Oakley Drizzle is your frame.