Skip to main content

Oakley Women - Napa retreat Day 1


It's never easy saying good bye to this guy (and the hubby) but I knew a lot of positive energy was waiting for me in Napa.


It wa a looooong day of travel with getting up early (in the middle of the night) to drive to Orlando, to wait in ATL for 5 hours for delays and to battle San Fran rush hour traffic for over two hours to get to the resort....


But - 18 hours later.... I MADE IT!




After checking into my room, I quickly changed and headed to the welcome reception and to see some new and familiar faces.

It was great to meet the new 10 ambassadors for Oakley Women and although only briefly speaking to most of the last night, I know they will bring a lot to their respective communities for they each have a lot to offer in terms of performing beautifully and inspiring the world.





The evening was very inspiring and we were able to preview some awesome items from the 2013 collection. Once again, Oakley Women spared NO expense to create European-inspired gear and stylish yet active shades to make us feel beautifully when we are performing.

When I returned to my room, I had a bag full of clothing and swag from Oakley, Trek, Garmin, Asics, Tone it Up and more...





Although the free swag is great, what I love the most about these events is the energy that I feel from strong, confident women. From people in the fitness industry, to magazine editors/writers to professional athletes and to the Oakley Women crew...there's a lot of doing and very few (if any) excuses when it comes to performing beautifully.

I'm so excited for today - a Garmin and Oakley O lab demo, along with Yoga at Trefethen vineyard. Followed by a 5K run through the vines.
Then a beautiful lunch at the Silverado followed by an entire afternoon of bike riding with Trek Bicycles to 3 different winery's, followed by dinner at our last stop this evening.

So to inspire you to perform beautifully, here's a fantastic video that was shared last night (parts of it) with Oakley Women athlete Lolo Jones who describes her "Beyond Reason".