Skip to main content

In case you missed it....

Wow - can you believe it is almost Thanksgiving? Time is flyiiiiiinnnnngggg by and before we know it, 2013 will be here!!!

Any big plans for 2013?

Since November just started and is almost finished, I wanted to provide you with a few things, in case you missed it.


First off...another pic of Campy sleeping. I can never get enough of him and never will I say I have too many pictures of Campy. Thankfully, I don't only take pictures of Campy but I make memories with him. This was after he ran a 5:40 min/mile (for half a mile) with Karel at the end of our long run on Sunday. Apparently, I have been running too slow for Mr. Greyhound.



In the Winter 2012 issue of Food & Nutrition Magazine, there was a product in the "New Product" section on pg 8. that caught my eye.

PlanetBox - Stainless steel, BPA-free, bento-style lunchbox

This box is designed for adults and kids and its three compartments hold a variety of foods in thoughtful portion sizes.
 
Last month I was quoted in Runner's World Magazine for the grocery store article by Matthew Kadey. This month, I was quoted in Runner's World for One-pot wonders. Check out the magazine available on news stands for some delicious recipes by Matthew Kadey, MS, RD.
 
I just finished up my next article for my Plate Not Pills column for Lava Magazine online. I am so excited to share with you all my yummy creation to go along with my article. As always, I will share on my Facebook page when the article is published.

But for now, in case you  missed it, I have a new monthly column on Ironman.com which is dedicated to health and wellness. For my first article, I decided to discuss a topic that is all too common to athletes....body image.

My monthly Iron Girl column comes out with the  monthly newsletter at the 1st of every month, but in case you missed it, here's my article on holiday eating.

Mission Possible: Holiday Eating

Also, I try to contribute to USAT Multisport Fuel Station as often as I can, so this month I decided to do another article on holiday "thinking."

 Reframe for the holiday season

Ladies, looking for a community that supports, encourages and inspires women to perform beautifully in all aspects of their lives?  I recommend signing up for Oakleypbc.
You can earn points for prizes by being involved on the website and spreading the word about products and gear.

Lastly, Karel and I were looking for an early season Half Ironman. We were hoping for a Rev3 event for March/April but with the 2013 schedule just released, we were sad to not to see an early triathlon. That's ok - the rest of the series looks amazing and depending on how things go after Ironman Lake Placid we can think about the rest of the season if Kona is not on our horizon.

If you are interested in an early season triathlon in Florida for a great price, I recommend

HITS triathlon series

Karel and I signed up for the half ironman on March 23-24th for a fantastic price of $75 (EACH). The price will increase on 11/19/12 so be sure to register early. We are really excited to dedicate our energy to a half IM as it can be exhausting to think about an Ironman distance triathlon for an entire year. We have a lot of work ahead of us and as usual, working on speed and endurance, without the higher volume IM training is key for a successful year of racing and training. For the past few years, I have dedicated 14 weeks specifically to Ironman training so I look forward to another year of dedicated my energy to two big races - one half IM, early season, a mid season 1-2 week break and then IM specific training.

Ok...I think I caught you up on everything. Have a great rest of the week! Off to do my daily evening stretching and cuddle with Campy....