Skip to main content

2023 IM 70.3 Virginia Blue Ridge Race Recap

 





RESULTS
1.2 mile swim: 28:52
T1: 2:47
56 mile bike: 2:49:55 (+ 5 min penalty)
T2: 2:15
13.1 mile run: 1:38.30
2nd age group (40-44), 9th female

It was too hard to summarize the race in a blog post so Karel and I decided to make a video discussing our race experience. In this video we talk about....
-How I trained/prepared for this race (and why I didn't ride my tri bike more than a few times)
-Pre-race workouts and why its beneficial to train on the race course
-Managing nerves/expectations
-Pre-race fueling (and being organized and prepared)
-Swim and T1 execution 
-Karel's thoughts on participating in a relay (bike leg)
-How my mind was impacted after receiving a penalty 
-Serving the penalty 
-Putting together a strong run off the bike and breaking 1:40 for the first time in many many years














Congrats to the Trimarni team for placing 4th Tri Club!