Skip to main content

Dear body, thank you for an incredible '23 season

Dear body,
With only a few more days until Clash Daytona half distance (my last race of the year), I wanted to take the time to thank you for an incredible year of training and racing. You let me participate in 13 events over the past eleven months. From mountain biking and gravel racing to off-road triathlon to 70.3 and finishing off with two XTRI events, you allowed me to step out of my comfort zone, utilize a wide range of mental skills and test my strength and endurance. You let me push myself in a variety of ways and it was an honor to share each experience with you. 

With nine of my 13 events taking over 5 hours to complete, I never take for granted what you allow me to do, mentally and physically. My love for you is not for a look or image but for the life that you allow me to live. 

I know for you to take care of me, I must take care of you. I promise to never deny you energy or nutrients in order to look a certain way or for performance gains. I promise to aloways give you the nourishment and fuel you need in order to grow, build, think, function and perform. 

Thank you for supporting me and for helping me achieve my ambitious goals. 
Here's to one more race of the 2023 season and for finding new limits to explore in 2024.