Skip to main content

March Madness!

Even though this is one of my favorite months because of college basketball, this month is flying by and is busy as ever! First off, I LOVE college ball! Being from kentucky and bleeding blue until I moved to Florida (well, still a KY basketball fan, but the state of Florida doesn't stop when Tubby is on TV), I am a big fan of march madness. The bracket is filled out and I'm super excited to see how I do. Regarding the Duke game last night, this is going to be a wild tournament!
Training is going great with an occasional ache or two in my foot. As much as I want my foot to be completely healed for my first week next weekend (subaru) I am still confident with my training. I've been swimming super hard and running a bit more (up to 20+ miles a week). So it isn't like the 50+ mile running weeks I put in for Ironman, but I'm ok with that. The cycling is going great and it doesn't matter when I ride, I am always in the headwind! Great Kona training I guess ;) I spend as much time as I can on my bike and even the other day I practiced turns and corners. For me, it's all about my cycling skills to get me more confident on my bike. Riding both the road bike and seduza and I love them both!
Good luck to those racing in ft.desoto this weekend and with Subaru next week...I know the triathlon chica's are getting ready for a great race! Don't forget about Iron Girl the following weekend (april 1st). www.irongirl.com
Sorry bout the lack of posting on my blog. OK-the only people that probably read my blog are my parents and maybe my brother! :)
I've been super busy but loving every moment. Coaching, nutrition consultations, personal training....I love it all!
I am getting really excited for the season to start-for me to race and to see the many people that I am coaching race! I think the whole state of Florida (triathletes) is doing St.anthony's followed by Ironman Florida 70.3 and I can't wait to see so many faces out on the course. Seeing that I will be a bit nervous for St.Anthony's since I am racing Elite for the first time, I'll still have my trademark thumbs-up ready for my friends out there!
This morning was a great 44 mile ride with the last hour in straight headwind and lots of heavy rain. Oh well...if it rains at a race and it's windy, I'll be ready! Plus, I have a clean road bike!