Skip to main content

Traveling + Time Change

Well, back from Michigan and I had a wonderful time. My brother did great on Rings and High Bar and he is so impressive to watch! MIchigan won the meet vs. Illionois and University of Michigan is still ranked #1 for Big Tens!!! Hopefully they will win NCAA in April and my brother will finish his gymnastics career with a nice ring.
I ran on saturday in the cold and really enjoyed my run through the campus. I bit different dodging students, tour groups and pedestrians, but all in all, it was a fun change of scenery. Glad to be back in warm and sunny Florida! Sunday was a well-deserved day off and due to the time change, I slept in until 8am!!!!! WOW-that is just crazy. I was really happy to spend the weekend with my brother and family and now that I am back to Florida, staying busy doing a bit of everything.
I just finished an interview with my next Gatorade Athlete of the Month for my column in Triathlete magazine and this guy is amazing. There are so many amazing athletes out there I just don't know how to pick from all the nominations!!!
I also had another article published...check it out - http://chainwheeldrive.com/page.cfm?PageID=932
Looks like the triathlon season is well on its way with Florida Great Escape as a great success. I also had some friends race the Zepherhills Triathlon which went off smoothly. This weekend is ft.desoto for those testing out their skills in an early international distance triathlon.
I want to give a big congrats to those Gearlinkers who raced this past weekend. I heard it was a great race! Also, Karel pulled on two top-ten finishes, with a 10th place finish in the Saturday Crit and 8th place in the road race on sunday morning. He is on the right track for his upcoming race in New Mexico, which will be his first Tour - Tour of the Gila! We are working on his nutrition everyday and he is doing so well by nailing his nutrition routine. And I even let him eat his "real" ice cream every now and then-hehe.
Hope everyone is adapting to the time change. My body seems a bit tired (not sleepy tired, but confused tired). Hopefully I can try to adjust this week and have a solid week of training this weekend.
So..how is your training going?????