Skip to main content

VIP Oakley Progression Session: DENVER

I couldn't believe my eyes and ears when I heard Denver, Colorado had snow this past week! As much as I love the snow, I was a bit surprised that I would need a winter jacket in May!! Thankfully, the snow had mostly melted and the weather was perfect for my quick to Boulder for the 2nd VIP Oakley Women Progression Session with Shape Magazine.

After an early morning swim and bike, I had just enough time to get to a few emails and I was off to the airport for my trip to Denver.



Feeling energized from my morning sweat session on the trainer and just enough soreness from my morning swim to remind me how awesome my body is on a daily basis, I was excited to travel to Denver and meet 200 inspiring, motivating and fitness/health-minded ladies from all over Colorado. 


Although only a month and a week since the San Diego OPS Fitness event, I was so excited to reunite with my Oakley Women family. Each event, a new brand ambassador is picked and Caitlin (pictured above on far left) won from San Diego and was able to attend this event and soak in all the positive energy that comes with Oakley Women. 


A little hot chocolate to warm up? YUM!


It was a long day of traveling with getting up early to train so by the time we arrived to the hotel around 8:30pm, I was ready for bed (10:30 EST time - way past my bedtime). Whenever I travel, I eat mini meals every 2-3 hours instead of standard breakfast, lunch and dinner as it helps me acclimate to the time zone much easier than trying to stick to my normal eating schedule. By the time we arrived to the hotel, I hadn't eaten a real meal but felt very satisfied and healthy with my many snacks/mini meals from the day and was looking forward to a very satisfying breakfast to energize my body and brain for a busy day on Fri. 


Not sure if it was going to bed rather early (compared to other times when flying to the west coast and staying up almost a full 20-22 hours), I was up early. I tried to stay in bed until 5:30am which meant just keeping my eyes closed with a racing mind. I was ready to get up.

8 miles on the treadmill while practicing my talk in my head. Couldn't ask for a better way to start the day...although I am not sure if I gained any red blood cells, I sure do love the change in air/pressure that comes with training at altitude. Boulder is about 5430 feet from sea level and I live at sea level so here's to hoping I brought home a few more red blood cells. A girl can dream, right? Live high, train low is the way to go.


OH YEAH BABY!!! Love breakfast every day..I just couldn't imagine any other way to complete a morning workout or start my day. Today's creation was brought to me by the hotel buffet which included fresh fruit, homemade oatmeal and granola, mixed nuts/raisins for toppings, cottage cheese and an omelet cooked to order. I went with an egg white, veggie stuffed omelet because I loaded up on nuts for my healthy fats. I also enjoyed a glass of milk and coffee and made a PB&J sandwich for later in the day. 




Yippe! Can't wait to start the day!!


What a beautiful drive to the park where the event was held. I absolutely loved how bike friendly Colorado is, how beautiful the sights are and how nice everyone was. I just love it there - so fitness and health friendly!!


My Oakley Women ambassador friends and I helped set up and had fun getting to know some of the 200 attendees as they arrived to the event. 


The event included the Oakley Women pop-up-shop, a media station, a t-shirt making station, a yoga station, a mass bootcamp with Carrie and Cari from Bombshell Bootcamp and my nutrition workshop station with my Trimarni balls! (recipe can be found here).

Talk about a backdrop! The weather was absolutely perfect. It warmed up nicely, not hot, just perfect. 


What a great event!!!





Thanks for the pics (seen above) - you can access more pics from the event by searching #OPSFITNESS #OAKLEYWOMEN on Instagram and Twitter.

And a big congrats to Lindsay Gonzalez for being selected as the next Oakley Women brand ambassador from Colorado!!!

Can't wait for Dallas in a few weeks!!!



                                           

Well, the time has come!!!!! All packed for Czech Republic and excited to leave on Tuesday to see Karel's family and hometown. A trip that has been a long time in the making.....5 years since our wedding and seeing his parents and 13 years since he has returned home. We are so excited!!!

Campy knows something is up and sadly, he is trying everything possible to make sure he is not forgotten.

I won't be blogging while I am in Czech (perhaps the occasional blog if I have time) but I will be keeping a journal of each day of our travel. I am so excited to share this experience with everyone, especially from the perspective of a health conscious athlete who loves making memories and experiencing life. Of course - there will be lots of food pics!

To keep up with our travel, the best way to see pics and to receive updates is via my Facebook page. Feel free to LIKE Trimarni Coaching and Nutrition to stay current on all the happenings in Czech Republic. From runs to bike rides, to touring Znojmo and Prague and Karel catching up with his friends and family.....this is going to be a trip we both won't ever forget and I am excited to share it with everyone.