Skip to main content

Body Acceptance - love yourself as you age


Last week on my blog I posted my last race recap for 2021 - my experience at the Xterra 21K Trail Running World Championship in Maui. As I begin to reflect on a very successful year of racing, I can't believe that I will no longer be racing in the 35-39 age group. Next year I will enter a new decade of my life.

(Fun fact: I qualified for the Ironman World Championship by winning the 18-24 age group at IMFL '06, which was my very first Ironman).

Accepting that your body will change with age, there's no reason to let your body image hold you back. Stop holding on to what was, used to be or should have been and start living a life of what is, what can and will be.

Appearance is not the basis of self-worth. Comparison to an idealized image is harmful for your mental and physical health.

As you gain wisdom and experience, you deserve to feel good about your body and about your abilities.

You are worthy, not worthless.