Skip to main content

A little Girl Time



Kate flew into Jacksonville on Wed. evening. I arrived promptly at 5pm for her to land at 4:50. I thought I was going to die on my 30 min. drive to the airport because it was storming out, with heavy rain and lots of wind. Of course I had to cross a bridge and then another and when I arrived I knew the flight was going to be delayed. I just didn't think the flight would be delayed by 2 1/2 hours. Errrrr. A final to study for, dinner was on my mind (although already prepared) and I was anxious to get home with kate. I spent my time shopping at Old Navy and surprised Karel with some new clothes and finally, Kate landed.
We got home around 8:15pm and good thing that dinner was already prepared. Couscous, hard-boiled egg whites (chopped), tofu, mushrooms, romaine lettuce, tomatos, scallions and onions. Yep, we had wraps! YUMMMM. And for desert, fruit salad and my home-made frozen yogurt.
We entertained Karel with girl talk and at 10:30pm it was lights out.
I woke up super early on thurs morning to take my Food science final. Since Kate and I were going for a 15 mile ride I wanted to get my final overwith as soon as I could. The alarm went off at 5:15am to make some coffee and at 5:30am I started my final. 90 min later and 100 questions finished, I received an 80% and my class was finished! My other class (nutrition education) had a "take home" final which I finished earlier that week. What a relief.
As Kate and I were getting ready for our ride, Karel pumped our tires. What a good man! Karel did lots of work on Kate's bike, with a total re-haul to make Felt even faster, earlier that day since Kate shipped the bike to karel on wed morning.
We had a great ride together and we each took turns pulling for a mile. After the ride we had breakfast and then time to get packed up.
As I made Pb&J sandwiches and a goody bag of healthy snacks for the road, Karel took Kate to the Trek store for her own personal shopping hour. All alone, doors locked...just kate and her Credit Card. Luckily, she had Karel there to assemble all her new goodies to her bike.
So, off we went at 11am on Thurs and with lots of girl talk we arrived in atlanta in no time. About 5 1/2 hours of driving and we were there!
We had about an hour to kill before we wanted to get to the Iron Girl Clinic at the Big Peach Running company, so we had a fabulous dinner at Ruby Tuesdays.
The Iron Girl clinic was great! There were about 20-25 people there and the ladies asked some great questions. I met some great people and even met some people that I have done nutrition consultations for! I always love that.
I talked before the Polar rep and I talked for about 20 min. The time always flies when I am talking and I wish I could talk more often. It was great to see Judy who I love so much and I am so happy that I am part of the Iron Girl team.
Kate and I made a quick stop at Kroger to get some necessities (oatmeal, PB, bananas, yogurt, etc.) and off we went to our final destination.....Lake Lanier Resort.
Well, now we are at the hotel and we spent a whole day doing nothing. We slept in until 7am, walked around the hotel, had breakfast, watched tv in bed, went to the pool for an hour, walked down to the lake, ate lunch in the room (PB&J, raisins, yogurt and banana on pita bread), watched more TV, drove some of the bike course, went to publix, drove in the rain, saved a baby turtle in the middle of the road (what a good deed, I felt SO good when I saved him. It was a baby turtle on a two lane road in the middle of the road!) and then back to the hotel for dinner. Now we are watching tv and thinking about our warm-up tomorrow.
Enjoy the pics...we've been busy doing NOTHING. Oh, we are loving every minute of it!